The Laboratory African Regional Collaborative (LARC) is a learning collaborative initiative designed to enhance HIV service delivery by facilitating multidisciplinary teamwork in health facilities using the continuous quality improvement (CQI) approach in PEPFAR-supported countries. The program’s purpose is two-fold:
- To strengthen the laboratory-clinic interface across the viral load cascade (below) in order to achieve better patient results (i.e., viral load suppression) using proven CQI methodologies and tools
- To improve institutional capacity and effectiveness through training, mentoring, and enhanced inter-cadre collaboration and communication.
Our Guiding Principles
- Focus on processes to increase productivity
- Focus on the needs of the users
- Use data to improve services
- Use teams to improve quality
- Improve communication
Continuous Improvement embedded in the DNA of an organization for better patient care
To transform service delivery by creating an improvement culture whereby health facility teams collaborate, communicate, and continuously improve performance.
To implement a facility-based CQI program that is deliverable-focused; results in measurable outcomes; and provides a template for LARC’s scalability.
- Pre-requisites: 7 On-line Courses from Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s Open School (http://www.ihi.org/)
- QI 101: Introduction to Health Care Improvement
- QI 102: How to Improve with the Model of Improvement
- QI 103: Testing and Measuring Changes with PDSA Cycles
- QI 104: Integrating data: Run Charts, Control Charts, etc.
- QI 105: Leading Quality Improvement
- QI 201: Planning for Spread, From Local Improvement to System-wide Change
- L 101: Introduction to Health Care Leadership
- LARC Workbook (downloadable document)
- LARC Capability Maturity Model (downloadable document)
- LARC Implementation Guidebook (coming soon)
- Structured training curriculum (see Our Implementation Process below)
- Mentorship and Site Visits (downloadable documents)
- Dissemination Meeting
- Direct Assistance Facility A
- Direct Assistance Facility B
- Direct Assistance Facility C
- Direct Assistance Facility D
- Direct Assistance Facility E
- Remote Assistance Facility A
- Remote Assistance Facility B
- Remote Assistance Facility C
- Remote Assistance Facility D
- Remote Assistance Facility E
- Remote Assistance Facility F
Please click on the different sections below to download the documents.